By P.K. Chatterjee, B.S. Gupta
This e-book discusses the theoretical elements of absorbency in addition to the constitution, homes and function of fabrics. The chapters are prepared in an method for the reader to enhance steadily via primary theories of absorbency to more effective facets of the know-how. themes lined comprise clinical ideas of absorbency and constitution estate relationships; fabric expertise together with tremendous absorbents, non-woven, usual and artificial fibres and surfactants; absorbency dimension concepts and know-how point of view. The reader is supplied with present prestige info on know-how and is additionally trained on very important advancements in the box.
Read Online or Download Absorbent Technology PDF
Similar manufacturing books
The booklet is split into sections:Section 1 - Introduces the topic as an entire and describes the foremost widely used instruments and methods to aid the producing business enterprise. part 2 - sleek making plans and regulate equipment at a close point. *Each bankruptcy starts off with a precis of key issues and goals to assist learning*Case stories integrated all through to demonstrate the foremost parts of the textual content in a realistic context*Introduces a number of platforms and administration subject matters supported by way of examples and case experiences
As customer calls for raise and international pageant intensifies, the needs to locate methods of engineering yes functionality specifications into textiles and clothing. Written via hugely extraordinary authors, this publication stories how materials and clothes may be engineered to fulfill technical functionality and different features required for the explicit end-use.
Tradition and belief in Technology-Driven firms presents perception into the real position that tradition and belief can play within the luck of high-technology companies. This booklet experiences the literature and result of an empirical learn that investigated the connection among mechanistic and natural cultures and the extent of belief in technology-based organisations.
- An Introduction to the Lie Theory of One-Parameter Groups: With Applications to the Solution of Differential Equations [ 1911 ]
- ESD Basics: From Semiconductor Manufacturing to Product Use
- Parallel Kinematics: Type, Kinematics, and Optimal Design
- Evolution of Supply Chain Management= Symbiosis of Adaptive Value Networks and ICT - 2004
- Performance Analysis of Manufacturing Systems
- CAM: Developments in Computer-Integrated Manufacturing
Additional resources for Absorbent Technology
This "non-Fickian" behavior was reported in the sorption of water by cellulose [123,124] and by poly(vinyl alcohol) . If the non-Fickian condition is extreme, a simple limiting case for such swelling occurs. This case was recognized by Alfrey, Jr. et al. [ 126] who termed it "Case II" diffusion. Case II diffusion is characterized by (1) a sharp advancing boundary between the swollen gel and the glassy unperturbed solid, and (2) a constant rate of advance of this boundary, which means a linear relationship between the initial weight gain by swelling and time.
Volumetric flow rate per unit crosssectional area of flow), AP is the net pressure head that causes the flow and Lo is the length of the sample in the direction of flow. K, the proportionality constant, is the flow conductivity of the porous medium with respect to the fluid. The higher the value of K, the lower the flow resistance of the fluid, and vice versa. K is often defined as k/q where k is the permeability of the medium, and q is the fluid viscosity. This way the effect of the medium alone, or the fluid alone, can be investigated separately.
7) models. ,.. 6 Fiber Density (g/cc) Figure 15. Effect of fiber density and packing fraction on specific air volume (or absorbent capacity). 2- ~" Cell. 8 ..... 6 Fiber Density (g/cc) Figure 16. Effect of fiber density on the ratio of the specific air volume of a web containing a given fiber to that of a web containing cellulose. 38 Figure 17. Capillary formed in space enclosed by three fibers lying at the apexes of an equilateral triangle. illustrate the factors that play roles and provide specifications for engineering structures that have desired characteristics.